Tuesday, April 6, 2010

dear wii-liam: I HATE YOU

so. one of the nifty things about owning a wii is that you get to "name" it. ooo...fancy. mine happens to be named wii-lliam. see what i did there? yeah...i'm THAT creative. sad. so. the nice thing about naming your wii is that when you get mad at it, you have a name to curse in vain. it really helps. take yesterday for example:
i've been working out for TWENTY TWO DAYS. 22. that's A LOT. almost a whole month. i mean...FOREVER. and i've been working out close to an hour every day doing cardio, strength, yoga, balance, ALL of it. i sweat. and i hurt. and i'm exhausted. well, when you work out on the wii it measures you EVERY.DAMN.DAY. i've gotten used to ignoring it calling me obese every single day. i know it will take a while to change. it still irks me, but i'm finding my zen place. i know i'm losing inches (pants. falling. off.) so i'm ok. until yesterday. it automatically set a 2 week "goal" for me. and yesterday was the end of the two weeks. so. up it pops: "oh, i noticed it's your goal date! let's check your progress!"

I KNOW MY PROGRESS YOU BASTARD! YOU TELL ME I'M FAT EVERY FUCKING DAY!!

but whatever. let's check: "oh, i noticed you didn't reach your goal. and your weight indicates you're obese. maybe you should try watching what you eat."

YES. IT REALLY SAID THAT. i almost understood all the pictures of tv screens with wii-motes sticking out of them. WII-LLIAM: I HATE YOU. i about cried. instead i did boxing and channeled the angry energy there. and ended up hurting my knee. ~sigh~

in other news: i've found a second source of motivation (since the dress STILL doesn't fit). you see, i have a ninja around my house. it's handy. really. for several reasons. here's the thing about ninjas: they're REALLY in shape. like 17% body fat in shape. and they're FAST. so when they make fun of you for NOT having 17% body fat (or having WELL OVER 17% body fat) you have to work REALLY HARD to hit them. which is good. also. they eat. A TON. so left overs are NEVER a problem at my house. ever. GONE. my particular ninja also happens to be very good at yoga and has *cough*nicely*cough* told me how i'm doing my poses wrong. re-enter the fact that they're REALLY FAST. and when you're trying to un-pretzle AND hit a really fast ninja...well, they should make a work out video JUST FOR THAT. or i can just set up a camera in my house and sell it to you all. if nothing else, laughing burns calories, right? so, if you don't have your own personal ninja: go get one. they're nifty to have around. mostly.

the point? i suppose all this should have a point: EVEN THOUGH the wii is laughing at me every day and calling me obese and suggesting i "try eating healthy" (WHAT DO YOU CALL THE RABBIT FOOD I'VE BEEN EATING ALL WEEK YOU WII-TARD), and even though i have a ninja that reminds me how un-ninja i am, I'VE STUCK WITH IT! and i'm going to stick with it. 22 days is technically into the "new habit" zone. and it's true. i find myself planning how/when to fit my work out in every day now instead of finding excuses to avoid it. and i slightly panic when i have a busy day and can't find time (so far i've always found time). and i find myself checking what i eat and HOW MUCH of it i'm eating now thinking about working it off later. and i pick water over soda as a reflex now. and I'M DOING IT! IN IT TO GYM IT BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment