Tuesday, July 6, 2010

confession time:

“Something you've been keeping to yourself for quite some time needs to see the light of day -- but rather than being scared, you're actually grateful that it's finally coming out. In fact, you feel more lighthearted than you have in some time! It's great to discover that what you thought was such a big deal is actually not really a matter of life and death. The support of family and friends makes all the difference.” –yahoo horoscope: 7/6/2010


ok. the horoscope said i need to confess, so here we go. a list of confessions i’ve been holding in: not for the faint of heart:

i just ate half a pack of york peppermint flavored dark chocolate pieces. and i’m not sorry.

in jr high the pads did not fall off my clarinet. i tore the damn things off so it would be broken and i wouldn’t have to play anymore.

i never practiced piano as much as i wrote down on my charts.

when my brother’s bat-shit-crazy ex-girlfriend sent my mum pictures of them (my brother and his girlfriend…quit thinking weird) “wrestling” i didn’t tell my mum what they were really doing…and really…who wants to be the one explaining oral sex to their mother?

i sometimes forget to wear deodorant.

i never give bums change. and sometimes i want to be mean to them by purposefully splashing them when i drive by. but i don’t.

i SAY that i love older music, but really i find myself skipping over it more often than not when it comes up on my mp3 (sorry dino, andrews sisters, sinatra, and elvis…)

i sleep with my contacts in. ALL. THE. TIME. half of me does it just to prove that your contacts WON’T stick to the back of your head if you do it. the other half is just lazy.

i wait until i’m out of one type of dish before i’ll wash all them more often than not (why are there never enough spoons??)

my freshman year in high school i broke up with a guy because he had the SAME bat in the cave for three days.

i don’t really HATE people like my purse says. i just can’t stand to be around 98% of the general public for more than absolutely necessary. full on hate takes too much energy.

i STILL haven’t finished some of my assigned reading from college.

i’ve written other people’s college papers for them (and, once or twice purposefully written about hot button topics so they would get bad grades).

i have a ton of alcohol in my house but i rarely drink.

i HATE scrambled eggs.

maxi-tampons are NOT enough.

i slapped a guy in high school once for calling me “a frigid ice bitch that wouldn’t put out.” (if only he knew me now…ha ha ha ha)


~sigh~ had enough? i can’t think of any more. yahoo was right…i DO feel much better. so glad to finally get all those skeletons out of the closet! so…THIS is what lighthearted feels like…i don’t like it.

2 comments:

  1. I did the clarinet thing too, only on my flute so I could switch to clarinet. Nerdy, I know. And I think most people have done most of these, so I think you are *gasp* normal. And funny. Great blog. ~Erin K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Mr. Holland that I read "A Tale of Two Cities" twice, which is why I did so well on the test, really, I glanced over the Cliff's Notes. I still have never read it.

    Wow, all of those dirty little secrets! *wink* How were you living with such things for so long?

    ReplyDelete