Friday, April 10, 2009

brand identification

so. it's a bright sunny day outside. and i have a little story to tell you. well, it's not so much a story as a game, so lets play a little game, shall we? here's how this works. i was walking back to the building today after lunch and i looked at myself through the imaginary eye of any passerby and i wondered what it was they saw first about me. and then the term "brand identification" popped into my head. there's cliques, there's stereotypes, and then there's brand typing. what kind of brand am i? how many brands am i? so. let's review. what brand i am:
this morning i woke up to my #verizon cell phone alarm clock, as well as my #audiovox alarm clock and my #timex alarm clock (yes, it takes all three to wake me up, and yes, i still over sleep). after successfully ignoring all three alarm clocks, was re-awakened by a tweet from the gadget guy to go watch his morning segment...so i stretched, rolled out of my #tommyhilfiger sheets and staggered out to the couch (all five fet away) i turned on my #magnavox tv and my #comcast cable box switching to gg's morning news show just in time to catch the segment. as soon as that was over, i padded to the bathroom. and somehow managed to get in the shower and not drown long enough for the warm water to wake me up. i used my #garnier shampoo and conditioner (some days it's #nexxus shampoo and conditioner), my #nutrogena wave followed by some #clearpore cleaner to keep my youthful appearance (uh huh), and then my #dove sensitive soap. after a nice long shower, i dried off with my #jcpenny towel and headed back to my room to get dressed for the day. layering up, as all of us do, i started with the unmentionables (yes, i really called them unmentionables #lanebryane for the top, #fruitoftheloom for the bottom, and NO, i won't tell you what color today). today i selected a pair of #vanity jeans (with a #lanebryant belt), an #oldnavy tank, and my favorite #fordcares tee shirt. since it's still a little too cold for flip flops still, i slipped on some #nononsense socks and grabbed my #paylessshoessourse #airwalk sneakers. the finishing touch, as always is the only jewelry i wear: my two #silversafari rings and my favorite ring that i bought years ago from #pikesplacemarket in seattle. back to the bathroom to finish making myself beautiful...i know...hard to believe i have to do anything at all, right? i finish drying my hair with a #revlon blow dryer and then follow up straightening it with a #conair flatiron. i take two minutes (yes, it's timed) to brush my teeth with my #soniccare toothbrush with #colgate toothpaste (it whitens AND strengthens enamel!). throw on a little #secret (shhhh) to stay fresh as umm...i think it's fresh cotton this time around...not sure...then on to makeup...as little as i have to apply since i am the picture of natural beauty (that is the airbrushed, made up picture of natural beauty...) i started with the #neutrogena foundation, and #mineralpower to set. then it's #covergirl eyeshadow with a #maybelline eyeshadow accent color, a #maxxfactor eye liner finished with #loreal dual extend mascara with a coat of #covergirl lash blast just for fun (i LOVE mascara for some reason). added a little #bedhead moose and finished with #redken hairspray (one of these days i really need to make an appointment at #zen to get my hair trimmed again!) finally, i'm out the door for work! oh wait...for a spritz or two of my #victoriasecret lovespell perfume...can't forget that! i grab my super cute #fredmeyer purse and my keys (my #lowe's house key matches my purse...yes, i'm that freakish) that are hanging on the back of the doorknob on the #oldnavy lanyard and hop into my #fordfocus. off we go...drop the kids off at daycare, and off to the office. once at my desk i'll either have a cup of #stash tea with a bit of #westernfamily honey or a mug coffee with #coffeemate creamer for flavor (tiramisu this week...can't do it black...yuk!) today, just to be different, i did a cup of acai berry tea followed by a #sobe lifewater (blue and black berry...pretty good). i shuffled papers, checked my #yahoo email, my #facebook account, see if anyone left a comment on my #blogspot blog, signed on to #twitter for the day, started up my #phillips mp3 player for background noise and got to work. somewhere around noon i took a break for lunch, and went home, made a sandwich, watched a little bit of nothing on tv, then kicked mario's ass on our old #nintendo64 playing #supermarioworld (heck yes...i beat the chocolate forest castle 1...WOO HOO). since i had a bank deposit to make for work, i left the house a little early and stopped by #starbucks to get a caramel frappuccino with chocolate chips in it (finally! it's summer and i can switch to a warm weather drink!). as the gal handed it through the window, i wrapped my #coffeesocial cup cozy aroud it (good for hot AND cold drinks! bonus!!) and set it into my cup holder. after adjusting my #gasstation sunglasses that the beautiful weather required, i reapplied my #sallyhanson lip inflation chapstick, popped by the bank and here i am back at work, typing this up for all of you to enjoy (as i'm sure you have immensely). so. there you have it. all my brands up until 233 this afternoon. how many? (hint: it's less than 65, more than 60...)

i think it would be interesting if we all walked around in pop-up addition...you could look at someone and click on whatever part of them you wanted the info about and it would tell you: *click* fordcares.com teeshirt, online at fordcares.com for $25. available in s-xl, dark grey only. then from there you could *click* and submit an order and completely steal someone's look. it would be great! *click* starbucks grande caramel frappuccino with chocolate chips $4.75 *click* and you have one in hand. *click* 2008 honda element *click* and you're driving one. how nifty would that be? you could wear sunglasses that enable the pop up version of life...take them off when you just want to enjoy the day...maybe that's what it's like to be a celebrity...you just walk and point and it appears in front of you. NIFTY. *point* $2.5 million dollar 19 bedroom, 23 bathroom home with tennis courts. indoor and out door swimming pools and a 13 car garage. *point* and you've magically moved in AND had it decorated to your taste. SWEET.

anyway...that's the game for today. how branded are you?? if you beat me out i will totally get you a #charms blowpop for your sunshiny afternoon enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment