Sunday, October 23, 2016

back to basics

a few weeks ago the ladies of my book club encouraged me to sign up for a weekly writing prompt.

and so i did (i promise, i'm working on this weeks prompt).

THEN, like the true assholes they are, these amazing women bonded together and signed me up for a winter writing intensive course (be ready for a deluge of posts in december!).

jerks.

WOULD YOU JUST STOP BELIEVING IN ME AND ENCOURAGING ME ALREADY??

they presented me with THE PERFECT CARD:
it is filled with the. most. supportive and AMAZING notes that made me cry and snot all over my self, and they were of course right, it would have been better at the restaurant across the street instead of at the book fandango surrounded by strangers. BUT THERE WERE FREE BOOKS AND A HANDSOME AUTHOR SPEAKING.

SO.

to my ladies: (huh, that sounds creepier than expected)

to the ladies of "read me" (less creepy. better)

i present to you, my first short story. written, illustrated, and bound by yours truly circa 1986.

note the staple marks on the CORRECT side of the pages...well, correct when you're 6 and left handed anyway...


without further ado, The Little Bear, by Sherry Miller


i will have my actual writing assignment up later today.

thank you to all of you who read this weird little corner of the internet. thank you to those who believe in me and encourage me to write. i'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment